Looking to make small changes to your fleet’s day-to-day operations? Even the most arbitrary changes could contribute to capital savings.
Make Improvements with Fleet Management Software:
- Work to develop preventative maintenance. Schedule regular oil checks, inspections, registrations, and other routine maintenance.
- Make sure that your technicians and drivers are up-to-date with the software that they are using. If there are any changes, take the time to have training.
- Create benchmarks to stay on track. If your business wants to reduce fuel use, or decrease route time, set goals and try to stick to them as best as possible. Monitor any change over time to achieve your goal.
- Reduce the amount of idling. By having information every vehicle in your fleet, it’s easier to see which vehicles are using more fuel, allowing you to make changes and bring the problems to the attention of the driver.
- Improve communication between your fleet and base operations. Take advantage of messaging services that can display anything from updated routes to last minute information right on your drivers’ screen installed in the vehicle.
- Driver safety is key. Besides reminding drivers to drive cautiously on the road, some software offers data collection on the speed and driving behaviors on the road. Take advantage of driver scorecards that can help break down all of the driver data collected.
- Track the fuel use of your fleet. Pinpoint the amount of fuel that is consumed by each vehicle to best save money and to reduce the environmental impact of the fleet.
If your current fleet management software can’t help you perform all of these small and efficient changes, you might need to reconsider your software option.