According to Government Fleet, $21 million was just approved to go towards green fleet technology in Southern California. Your municipality might not have the funding to buy vehicles that are more environmentally conscious, but there’s another way to reduce the environmental impact of your fleet.
Silent Passenger® collects data that can help you uncover areas in your operations where your business is overspending. Two of the top three areas of spending can easily be decreased; both vehicle maintenance and fuel usage are big portions of your spending that, when decreased, it can lessen the municipality’s impact on the environment. Silent Passenger’s Fuel Savings and Vehicle Maintenance features can help save money and reduce your carbon footprint. Here’s how:
SP Fuel Savings:
- Track how much fuel is bought and used by each individual vehicle.
- Have the ability to receive data on miles per gallon and overall fuel consumption.
- Receive alerts when excessive fuel purchases or unauthorized uses of credit cards are used.
SP Vehicle Maintenance:
- Schedule maintenance check-ups, which will prolong the life of your vehicles.
- View the status of the entire fleet, or individual vehicles.
- Monitor oil changes, inspections, registrations and other routine maintenance.
- Receive alerts via email or text message when vehicles are due for maintenance.
With knowledge of your less productive vehicles, your business can troubleshoot its operations, pinpointing the which vehicles are under-performing, spending too much money, or are producing high amounts of fuel emissions. An EV or green fleet might not be affordable, but consider fleet management software: it will enhance your bottom line, save your business some money, and even help save the environment.