Stay ELD Compliant with SP Logbook
It’s late to the game, but it’s not too late to choose and ELD solution that will make your business ELD compliant. Don’t be overwhelmed by the options out there: here’s the best way to find the best ELD solution for your business:
The Fast Facts:
- The ELD Mandate deadline is December 18th, 2017.
- An ELD is an abbreviation for Electronic Logging Device. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) wants drivers to switch from paper logs to electronic logs to record their Hours of Service (HOS).
- A vehicle that is over 10,000 pounds will need to implement an ELD solution.
What are the benefits of an ELD solution?
- It will stimulate the productivity of your fleet: with logbooks, your drivers’ hours will be more organized, and with better monitoring of their hours, they’ll perform better.
- You will now be federally compliant, which will put operation managers at ease.
- All of your business’ data and information will be accessible on just one software, which will make managing day-to-day operations go faster.
What do I do next?
- Do some research and consider several different providers. Learn about what each offers, and try to find three companies that might work for your business.
- Get on the phone and reach out to several ELD software providers. Know what you want from their company before getting on the phone: do you want more than just an ELD solution? How many vehicles need and ELD? How much are you willing to pay? What are you expecting out of this business relationship?
- Once you pick and implement a solution, make sure that you pick software that is easy to understand and use, because not only are your operation managers using the software, but so are your drivers. You’ll need to be ready to answer your drivers’ questions.
Picking an ELD may feel like a daunting task. With the compliance date coming in less than a month, it’s time to find the right ELD.