According to an article published by Newsday, a Long Island construction company lost a $100,000 excavator due to theft.
While they are still searching for their lost equipment, there are ways that you can better manage and control your asset inventory with asset tracking software:
THE BENEFITS OF ASSET TRACKING:
- have a real-time comprehensive view of asset management software
- streamline and optimize overall management
- increase asset utilization: get the most out of the lifespan of your equipment
- available data on fuel usage of assets and scheduled updates on the location of all assets
- battery powered and non-powered tracker options for the best fit for each asset
Theft protection is something to consider, especially when hundreds of thousands of dollars go towards buying and maintaining your equipment. Whether you’re in construction, agriculture, landscaping, or any other industry, knowing where your assets are at all times can save you a lot of trouble. Even basketball player Scottie Pippen learned the consequences of not tracking assets.
Want to learn more about how Silent Passenger® asset tracking solutions can help secure your assets and give you peace of mind once your workers leave their job site?